Have your allergies been driving you crazy? If so, we have some remedies that definitely can help your itchy eyes, runny nose, and sneezing. With this year ramping up to be “the perfect storm” for allergens and allergy symptoms, it stands to reason to be informed and equipped with the knowledge of how to treat your allergy symptoms.
The following are several things to keep in mind:
- Heat and high humidity promote the growth of molds.
- Cool nights and warm days allow tree, grass and ragweed pollens to thrive.
- In spring and summer, tree and grass pollen levels tend to peak in the evening.
- In late summer and early fall, ragweed pollen levels tend to peak in the morning.
- Windy and warm days often result in surging pollen counts.
- After a rainfall, pollen counts may go up, even though the rain temporarily washes pollen away.
If you notice you are having allergy symptoms (runny nose, itchy eyes, & sneezing) and you want to treat yourself with over-the-counter (OTC) medications, be cautious. Many OTC products contain more than one medicine. One needs to be educated about which medications treat which symptoms. The following can aid you in your quest for the best product for your specific symptoms.
- Itchy eyes Alaway Eye Drops, Visine A Allergy Eye Drops, any oral antihistamine
- Runny Nose Oral Antihistamine, Corticosteroid Nasal Spray
- Sneezing Oral Antihistamine, Corticosteroid Nasal Spray
- Some examples of the above treatments are:
- Oral Antihistamine – Allegra, Claritin, Zyrtec, Chlor-Trimeton, Benadryl
- Corticosteroid Nasal Spray – Nasacort, Flonase, Claritin Nasal Spray
In addition to these, one can always call McWilliams Pharmacy and we can tailor make an allergy treatment plan for you. Thanks for your time.